- 6:00-6:30pm Via ZOOM! Meet and Greet-Socializing
- 6:30-8:30pm Via ZOOM! Instructor: Laura Powell
Our September project is “Tree of Life: Wire Wrap Palm Tree Pendant”
This is a popular jewelry accessory. There are many different versions of the tree of life pendant, and once you learn the basic steps, you can easily add your own unique spin using these basic techniques.
In this project, we will be creating a palm tree. With this project, you will learn how to make the outer hoop frame as well as how to make the twisted roots, trunk, and branches.
Items needed to complete the project:
- Silver or Gold Wire 24 or 26 Gauge. Tip: Make sure your seed beads fit on your wire.
- Silver or Gold Wire 18 Gauge. This wire will be used to make the outer hoop ring. Metal rings with 1.25-1.5 inner diameter will also work.
- Size 11 Seed Beads. These can be any color. The example uses 3 varying tones of green.
- Wooden Dapping Shaping Forms in Assorted Sizes for Metal. If you don’t have one of these, you can use anything round that has a 1.25-1.5 inch diameter. Some items that may work are pill/vitamin bottles, spice bottles, wooden dowels, etc.
- Chain Nose Pliers
- Round Nose Pliers
- Wire Cutters
-We will be sending out an email before the 28th to current members with instructions on how to join the Zoom meeting.